ON STAGE in Bilbao
Bilbao is your stage!
Thanks to its history and location, Bilbao is a magnificent “cocktail” where architecture, tradition, sea and mountain, character and history are blended to offer the visitor endless leisure and culture opportunities.
The Bilbao Guggenheim Museum, the Euskalduna Music Centre, Norman Foster’s Underground, Calatrava’s airport… are all examples of the dynamism that exists in Bilbao.
All this makes Bilbao a privileged destination for visitors.
Whatever you are looking for, whether it’s savoury Basque cuisine, Basque culture, shopping, nightlife, etc., you will find it here.
Discover and enjoy Bilbao!
The events are designed for all those who wish to combine their music with travelling, learning and experiencing of new destinations.
Among others, the schedule will include the following performance opportunities:
- A guided city tour including performances with local and international choirs in different places, churches or other performance locations.
- A workshop with Enrique Azurza where participants will be introduced to the musical tradition of the region and work on 1-2 pieces to perform together at the final concert.
- Acoustic and stage rehearsals.
- Final concert with performances of appr. 15 minutes per choir and a joint performance of all choirs with the pieces from the workshop.
- Performances in churches.
Additional touristic activities, performances and individual programs can be organized upon request.
We are very happy to introduce the lecturer of the ON STAGE workshop in Bilbao, Mr. Enrique Azurza, one of the most distinguished and dynamic choral conductors of his generation. A former student of Anders Eby, Carl Høgset and Eric Ericson, Mr. Azurza was awarded the Best Conductor prize at the International Choir Competition in Varna, Bulgaria in 1991. His long and diverse career as conductor, profesor, music advisor and jury member in many national and international events, are all great indicators as to what to expect in his workshop in Bilbao.