The 10 golden rules for choral singers
Tips and tricks for even more pleasure in singing
Why do millions of singers rapturously join the choir rehearsal each week? It's quite simple: Singing together brings joy, releases feelings of happiness, keeps you healthy and promotes the social togetherness.
To maintain this positive feeling in everyday life, the publishing company "Lugert Verlag" has listed 10 golden rules for choral singers, which we want to share with you. Enjoy reading!
- The choir comes first, even if there is so much to do otherwise. Treat yourself to the choral rehearsal as a wellness oasis.
- Sit up straight on the edge of a chair, relax your shoulders, look ahead and smile!
- Be attentive to the rehearsal, listen to the other voices and postpone conversations with your neighbor.
- Be open to new ideas, although even if you initially resist. Trust the conductor; she/he knows what she/ he is doing.
- If something has been bothering you for a long time, talk with the conductor or the choral board after the rehearsal.
- Be well-organized: arrive the rehearsal on time with something to drink and a sharpened pencil, keep an eye on your choral appointments (in your calendar and as printed version in your music case). Arrange all your appointments with your social environment (family, work).
- Offer support and and take on responsibility. Big aims are being achieved together.
- Learn something new every day! Listen to choral music, visit concerts of other choirs or join a singing workshop.
- Keep your voice healthy: drink enough, don't harrumph and whisper. During hoarseness: take a break from singing!
- Sing and practice as often as possible – during cutting veggies, driving a car, with your children and during walks in the forest.
The complete article in German can be found on the website of Forte.
Credit: Forte Notensatz/ Lugert Verlag GmbH GmbH & Co. KG