Lanna 2016: The best choirs to compete again
Grand Prize competition is about to start
The Grand Prize Competition for the Lanna Choir Prize 2016 is about to start in Chiang Mai, Thailand in just a few minutes. Nine choirs were named by the international jury to enter the stage and present their outstanding skills to jury and te audience once again. Six of them have accepted and will compete tonight.
The program promises an interesting and most varied evening of international choral music:
Sisaket Wittayalai Chorus, Thailand:
1. Kittiporn Tantrarungroj: Lao duang duean
2. Beny Fruto Castillon: Kruhay
Young Choral Academy Teacher's Ensemble, Malaysia
1. Zóltan Kodály: Túrót eszik a cigány
2. Trad. Malaysia, arr. Juliette Lai: Suriram
Novo Concertante Manila, Philippines
1. Robert Pearsall: Lay a Garland
2. Thomas Weelkes: As Vesta Was
RSU Concert Singers, Thailand
1. Lester Delgado: This Is The Moment
2. Spiritual, arr. Allen Koepke: Kum Bah Ya
Camerati, Sri Lanka
1. Hoagy Carmichael, arr. Kirby Shaw: The Nearness of You
2. Sting, arr. Roel Griffioen: Every Little Thing He Does Is Magic
2 Indonesian folk songs, arranged by Augustinus Bambang
2. Yamko Rambe Yamko
The following choirs had also qualified by nomination of the jury, but decided not to compete in the Grand Prize Competition: Taihu Lake Male Choir, China, Solfeggio Choir, Indonesia and SJKC Kung Man Choir, Malaysia, which will perform in the concert out of competition though.
Good luck to everyone, enjoy the concert and have a wonderful evening!