ON STAGE in Barcelona
Barcelona is your stage!
The “Head and Hearth of Catalonia” and home of the well-known architect Antoni Gaudi, Barcelona is also the largest metropolis on the Mediterranean sea. The city is not only a rich cultural heritage, but also a cosmopolitan urban center known for its throbbing youthful energy and stellar architecture.
BCN hosted the 1992 Summer Olympics as well as world-class conferences, expositions as well as many international sport tournaments.
From the magnificent temple of La Sagrada Familia to the Picasso museum, this charming city will immerse you into the Catalan world.
“Barcelona is a very old city in which you can feel the weight of history; it is haunted by history; You cannot walk around it without perceiving it”
– Carlos Ruiz Zafon
The official registration deadline has passed on January 16, 2017.
If you have not yet registered your choir for organizational reasons please contact us to discuss further details.
The events are designed for all those who wish to combine their music with travelling, learning and experiencing of new destinations.
Among others, the schedule will include the following performance opportunities:
- A guided city tour including performances with local and international choirs in different places, churches or other performance locations.
- A workshop where participants will be introduced to the musical tradition of the region and work on 1-2 pieces to perform together at the final concert.
- Acoustic and stage rehearsals.
- Final concert with performances of appr. 15 minutes per choir and a joint performance of all choirs with the pieces from the workshop.
- Performances in churches.
Additional touristic activities, performances and individual programs can be organized upon request.
We are very happy to introduce the lecturer of the ON STAGE workshop in Barcelona, Mr. Òscar Boada, one of the most outstanding specialists in children and female choirs in Spain.
Licensed from the Royal Schools of Music, Mr. Boada was awarded “Ciutat de Barcelona”, Special Mention Prize in the category of Music.
More than 1000 concerts, several tours throughout Europe and great achievements with COR VIVALDI and jury member in many national/international events are all great indicators as to what to expect in his workshop in Barcelona.