8th WORLD CHOIR GAMES 2014
July 09 – 19, 2014 | Riga, Latvia
In 2014, Riga will not only be the European Capital of Culture, but also the World Capital of Choral Music.
The 8th World Choir Games – the world’s largest choir competition – will bring the international flair of the Choir Olympic idea to one of the most traditional singer regions world-wide in the summer of 2014 .
After the amazing success in China 2010 and with the greatest expectations for the United States in 2012, the most impressive and innovative choral event returns to Europe. Latvia as well as the other Baltic States have an impressive history where passionate singing plays a leading role for the entire state.
The World Choir Games, also known as “the Olympics for Choirs”, therefore look forward to a further superb highlight in Riga in 2014. Based on the great national tradition an incredible international choir festival will be organized.
As always the possibilities of participation will be manifold:
- The competition offers many possibilities of participation in more than 29 different categories to amateur choirs of any genre or line-up.
- The Champions Competitions for internationally experienced choirs
- The Open Competitions for all choirs in the spirit of the Olympic ideal:
“Participation is the highest honor”
- Various performing and evaluation possibilities with internationally renowned choral music experts
- Joint concerts with choirs from all over the world in numerous Friendship Concerts
- Celebration Concerts for international top choirs
- Official major events like Opening and Closing Ceremonies.
- In particular, the unforgettable Award Ceremonies the World Choir Games are known for will provide unbelievable and emotional moments to all participants.
Let’s sing and celebrate in Riga, Latvia – The European Capital of Culture in 2014 and the World Capital of Choral singing!