congress|graz - Stefaniensaal
Organization Center and Competition Location
A lot of water has flowed under the bridge since the Stefaniensaal was opened in the presence of Crown Prince Rudolf and Princess Stefanie on 4 November 1885. Today the concert hall has outstanding acoustics - like the congress|graz as a whole - and is a versatile, modern venue with an international reputation. During comprehensive renovation in 1970 and again in 1999, the building was revitalized by introducing modern art and equipping it with the latest conference and event equipment. Contemporary Austrian art gives the 19 halls and rooms a distinctive flair which has won plaudits from many international celebrities from the worlds of the arts, business and science.